Started September 20, 2016
- Machine close grip supinated pull-down, 7 reps to failure, 5/5 cadence
- Machine shoulder press, 7 reps to failure, 5/5 cadence
- Slight incline/decline bench press, 7 reps to failure, 5/5 cadence
- Leg press, 10 reps to failure, 5/5 cadence
- Stationary bike x 3 minutes at 85 RPM to minimize leg soreness
Remember this: The objective is to fail, to reach the point where you can no longer move the weight, at seven or more repetitions at a 5/5 cadence.
The longer time under tension for the lower body will elicit a full-body growth hormone response while also stimulating the formation of new capillaries, which will improve nutrient delivery.